Monday, February 1, 2010

Road could not be taken...

A very familiar title. But, still something different. Have a look if you feel free.

Spm had over for some time. Everyone start doing their own thing, some starting to take part time jobs, some going to college, hanging around with friends, etc etc, and starting to chose their own road soon.

Right after Spm, I had a few choices and some plans in my mind.

Here's where the story started.

My first planning is to take Form 6 and going for local university, and before i get my Spm results, i planning to work at a tuition center. I think my plan was not bad, and i can continue to walk on my road. But something happen... Too many things happened.

Around the end of December 09, the clerk in my uncle's office just fired her boss off. And one day, while I was having dinner with my family, including those uncles and aunts. And someone asked my uncle: "Last time you brought him traveling at other country before right? Your office is lack of a clerk right? Why don't you ask your nephew to take the job temperately. " And then, my uncle asked me to start working at his office on January. What the...

I tried to tell him, I had already interview for a job in a tuition center, but he said what can i learn in a tuition center? Nothing... And he called me to work there and learn to use Microsoft Excel and all those computer stuffs. So, i left no choice but to accept it, and leave the road that could not be taken.

As time passed by, I had been working at there for a month. Still not quite use to it. Many of those data are very complicated. I still tried my best to finish every one of my assessments and worksheets. I had to spend half of the day facing computer every Monday to Friday.

Just because he brought me traveling for a few times, does this means I had to help him when ever he needs? Why can't I chose the thing I wanted to do for the moment? I had been studying more then 12 years on the things which I am not that interested in. And now still ... fine. Now 1 month had passed, and I already can use Microsoft Excel well.
So, do I still need to do this job?

Recently, he also asked me, what I planning to study in future. I told him i wanted to take Form 6. And he said what for take Form 6? What for to waste the time to do Form 6. He can sponsor me to take college. But, I'm worried that, will there be a chance that in the future, someone saying this to me: your uncle sponsored so much on your studies, now's the time you help him back in his business. Many people will think that, why not? The business is already there, I just have to keep it running. The main thing is, I will be tied up forever. I will had to work for him forever no matter what happened. And if I didn't worked for him, there will be thousands of finger pointing on me.

So, I'm still quite confused now. Not sure which road is best for me yet.

Moral of The Story
Nothing is free. There is always a price of the thing you get. So, think wise before you accept it.

Once again, thanks for reading. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Search